Insurance Verification for Addiction Treatment

If you or a loved one are suffering from addiction, it is already a very trying time. The last thing you want to think about is your health care coverage.

On this page, you will find information related to health care coverage, the verification process, and other payment options for treatment. We understand the struggle of addiction and want to make the process of entering treatment as easy as possible.

We offer online benefits verification and on-call intake coordinators to assist you through every step of the admissions process. Submit your information through our online form or call us now. Make a new choice today!

In order to help you better understand your health care coverage, please find below some commonly used insurance terms and their definitions. For a more thorough explanation of your benefits and what they cover, please submit your information or call our Intake Coordinators now:

  • Deductible: This is the amount of money an individual must pay out of pocket in a given year for health care services before their insurance coverage begins to pay.  If for example, if an individual has a $1,500 deductible he or she must pay the first $1,500 in services themselves.  After reaching the deductible amount the individual is thereafter only responsible for any copayment or coinsurance amounts.  One note is that often plans can have both individual and family deductibles, and these are most often different amounts.

 

  • Copayment: This is a fixed amount an individual must pay for any covered health care service.  These amounts vary per service (PHP, specialist, RX, etc.) but generally are in the range of $10-$50.  Copayments are most often, though not always, due at the time of service.

 

  • Coinsurance: This is the percentage of a covered health expense that an individual must pay once his or her deductible has been met.  Often this is expressed as 70/30, 80/20, or 90/10.  What this refers to is that for example under a 80/20 plan once the deductible has been met the insurance provider will cover 80% of approved health care costs.  The individual is responsible for the remaining 20%.  So if a health service costs $1,000 then in this example the insurance company will pay $800 and the individual will be billed for $200.

 

  • Out-of-Pocket Maximum: This is the maximum amount of money an individual can pay for health care services within a given year.  Once the out-of-pocket maximum has been reached the insurance provider will cover 100% of any additional health care costs for the rest of the plan year.

 

  • Policy Effective Date: This is the first day that your health care coverage is effective.  Meaning that this is the day that the insurance company will begin to cover you for approved medical costs.  Enrollment in a health coverage plan must be done during an enrollment period.  These enrollment periods generally last 90 days and are tied to what are called qualifying life events.  These can include change of job, birth of a child, marriage, etc.  The policy effective date is set after enrollment and usually begins within a few weeks of the initial enrollment date.

At New Choices Treatment Centers, we work with most insurance carriers. We are unable at this time to work with Medicare or Medicaid.

We will work to provide you all relevant policy information as quickly as possible. Generally, we can secure all policy information in a few minutes.

While we are able to work with most insurance carriers, policy coverages may vary. In the event that an individual plan will not cover the cost of rehabilitation, we offer cash pay options, and in certain circumstances are able to offer reduced fee scholarships.

We make every effort to ensure that every person who contacts us can receive treatment. If you have any questions about your health coverage or eligibility please contact us now. Our Intake Coordinators will help you to understand your health care coverage and work to find a treatment solution that best fits your need.

Verify Your Insurance

Enter your information to verify your insurance for treatment.

Have more questions?

Our team is dedicated to providing solutions

Day Treatment DETAIL: